Maintain a safe and comfortable indoor environment with moisture control.
Whether it’s your home or your business, maintaining a comfortable indoor environment is essential for the sake of your family, guests, customers, and employees. There are many ways of accomplishing this, such as through heating and cooling or insulation. Still, keeping excess humidity at bay can be a challenge at times, but one way to keep the moisture levels under control is to turn to us at Lone Star Spray Foam Services LLC. We are experienced professionals who can implement the appropriate solutions for your space in Houston, Texas. Let our team investigate your home or business’s moisture problems and resolve them thoroughly.
Excessive moisture is problematic indoors for a wide variety of reasons. Here are several reasons moisture control may be necessary:
- Mold and Mildew- As you might expect, humidity indoors can promote the growth of mold, mildew, and other fungi that can be harmful to both human health and your home or building’s structural integrity. They also leave a musty, unpleasant odor that affects people’s comfort.
- Pests- Where water is, pests follow. From cockroaches and mosquitoes to small rodents, there are many pests that may consider moisture an invitation to find shelter in your home or building.
- Structural Damage- Water can be very destructive to most building materials. It often leads to wood rot, warping, buckling, and expanding. Since most structural elements such as beams are made of wood and other organic materials, water is problematic for your home or building’s structural integrity.
- Energy Efficiency- Excess humidity indoors can make your space feel sticky and muggy. It also forces your HVAC system to work harder since humid air is more difficult to cool down. Implementing moisture control can allow for better energy efficiency and lower energy costs.
- Air Quality- High moisture levels can often create problems for individuals who have respiratory issues like asthma and allergies. If the moisture content exceeds a certain level, dust mites and other allergens will become more of an issue.
The need for moisture control is apparent. Fortunately, you’re already in the right place. We offer a few moisture control solutions, such as attic encapsulation, crawlspace encapsulation, and vapor barriers. Though many people may not understand how to differentiate between each of these solutions, we are here to break down the main difference. Encapsulation refers to the installation of a vapor barrier along with a dehumidifier, so it’s a more robust solution compared to installing a vapor barrier alone. Once we assess your situation, our professionals can recommend the most effective option.
We are trained and insured professionals you can rely on for proper installation and excellent customer service when you need moisture control in Houston. We are proud to serve our residential and commercial clients in this area, and we will guarantee the product in the contract. If you have any questions about moisture control or insulation, don’t hesitate to contact us today. We want you to make informed decisions concerning your home or business, so we are more than happy to discuss your concerns with you.