Energy efficiency is one of the top buzzwords in the residential market today. Homeowners want to save money on their energy bills while also being environmentally conscious. New products and solutions are on the rise to combine both values through smart technologies and innovative materials. If you are looking to upgrade your home’s energy efficiency, residential insulation is a good place to start.
- Outdated insulation is a drain on energy. The primary function of residential insulation is to resist heat flow by keeping heat in during cold seasons and keeping heat out during hot seasons. Older insulation simply does not do this as well as newer materials. If you have older insulation, your HVAC system will work harder to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home, which requires more energy.
- Upgraded residential insulation upgrades your comfort. Innovated insulation materials perform more effectively than their predecessors, which means your home can maintain its temperature better. Whether it’s keeping you cool in the summer or warm in the winter, upgrading your insulation keeps you comfortable no matter the weather.
- Newer insulation materials raise your property value. Especially if your home is older, upgrading your residential insulation can give your property value a helpful boost. Home buyers know that a home’s energy efficiency is important for their budget and the climate. A home with upgraded insulation will be a selling point if or when it’s time to put your home on the market.
- Proper insulation promotes peace and quiet. One of the unsung benefits of effective residential insulation is its noise reduction qualities. Whether it’s noisy neighbors or a hectic highway, insulation helps block out sound.
- Upgraded insulation is better for the environment. Newer insulation options help to lower your home’s carbon footprint. As insulation maintains your home’s ideal temperature more efficiently and effectively, your home consumes less energy, which reduces emissions.