If you want to improve the energy efficiency and comfort of your home, you need to choose between traditional insulation and the more modern spray foam insulation. Here are a few reasons why spray foam insulation is the right choice and a few places you can use it in your home.
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam insulation offers the following benefits over traditional insulation:
- Improved energy efficiency—The addition of spray foam insulation can enhance the overall efficiency of your home by sealing areas where air escapes.
- Better home comfort—Putting spray foam insulation in your walls, attic, or crawlspace can enhance your home’s overall comfort by helping you maintain a more consistent temperature.
- Less noise from the outside world—Adequate insulation reduces noise infiltration from the outside, making your home quieter.
Where You Can Use Spray Foam Insulation
You can add spray foam insulation to these places in your home:
- The walls—Spray foam insulation can fill in existing gaps in your walls that are letting air in and out.
- The attic—In addition to reducing air leakage from your attic, spray foam insulation can help with moisture management.
- The crawlspace—Adding more insulation to your crawlspace can help you maintain an even temperature in this area, which can impact the rest of your home.